Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

news

YouTuber Shane Dawson Says He’s ”Willing to Lose Everything” as Past Controversies Resurface


[ad_1]

YouTube star Shane Dawson wants his millions of fans to know that he's not the person he used to be. 

In a 20-minute video released Friday, June 26 and titled "Taking Accountability," Dawson addressed the renewed criticism he's facing for his use of blackface, the N-word and other offensive comments he's made since launching his popular YouTube channel more than a decade ago. 

Despite having issued public apologies in the past, Shane said it's only recently that's he realized how poorly those incidents were handled. 

"I have done a lot of things in my past that I hate, that I wish I could make go away, that I tried to make go away by deleting videos, or un-tagging my Instagram, literally doing whatever I can to pretend those things didn't happen," he said. "Because yes, I apologized for a lot of them but I'm 31, almost 32. Those apologies suck. I don't know who that person is anymore."

In hindsight, Shane explained, "This video is coming from a place of just wanting to own up to my s--t, wanting to own up to everything I've done on the internet that has hurt people, that has added to the problem, that has not been handled well. I should have been punished for things."


Source link
[ad_2]

source https://earn8online.com/index.php/31419/youtuber-shane-dawson-says-hes-willing-to-lose-everything-as-past-controversies-resurface/

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad